Monday, February 13, 2012

2/12/12

Yesterady was my last full day in Rio before going to Juiz de Fora! Regina put my on a tour jeep that took a small group of us to the top of the Favela Rocinha, the largest favela in Rio. After we reached the top of the Favela, we saw the breath taking views and then walked all the way too the bottom of the favela. After the jeep tour, Regina and I took a very nice bike ride around the lagoon in Rio! It was such a hot day but we still managed to make a lap around the lagoon in about half an hour. Once I thought all my walking and exercise was over, her brother stopped by the house and took me to Niteroi. In Niteroi, we went to the Contemporary Art Museum where we were able to view some interesting Brazilian artwork. Finally it was about time to eat and Regina's brother took me to a pizza place, rodizio style. Waiters came by with all sorts of pizza, even a banana split pizza that was actually pretty tasty! After about thirteen pieces of pizza I was done and we decided to call it a day. Carnival is in the air now and you can see that the people are getting ready. Every day since I have been here I have seen people dancing in the street and listening to music. I can honestly say that I am ready for Carnival too. 


 Rocinha
 Rocinha
 Rocinha
 Rocinha
 Leblon
 Niteroi
 Contemporary Art Museum
Banana split pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment