Wednesday, February 15, 2012

First of all, I would like to say that I am so thankful for everything my friend Regina did. She treated me like I was family while I stayed with her. Regina is a true example of Brazilian hospitality. I can not thank her enough for what she did.




I got to Juiz de Fora on Monday and met my new roommate. His name is Raphael and he is a pretty cool guy. I met some of his friends and they were also very nice. My new apartment is cozy clean and in a nice location. Downtown is just down a hill from where I live. Today is my second full day in Juiz de Fora and I can say that I am loving it. Just started my Portuguese classes and it seems that they will be fun but they will also be very long (four hours). There are four kids in the exchange program here but only Tanyu and I have made it so far. Can't wait to have the other two here as well. Since our roommates have jobs and a lot of  school work we switch of where we hang out. Today we are going to try to figure out the bus tickets to go to Rio for Carnaval from Friday until Wednesday. I am ready for a little bit of partying before classes start! Here you will find pictures of my two bedroom apartment.


My room





1 comment:

  1. The apartment looks like it will meet your needs, and I am betting it won't look so clean a couple weeks from now! HAHA! Love the propane bottle for the stove right there in the kitchen :-) Take pictures of Carnaval for us!

    ReplyDelete